Focus: Road Sector
POTHOLES: WHO IS RESPONSIBLE?
Unedited views of the respondents are provided as under:
Raju Ozarkar, VP, Sanfvi Movers
Politicians are controling buroucrats. In tendering system contractor have to pay substantial amount to these concern. hence they use poor quality of material, method and citizens suffer.
Sandeep Nirmal, GM-Business Dev. Sany Heavy Indutry India Pvt. Ltd.
Right Technology and Political will is more important to have good quality roads. We have good experienced Contractors but corruption and Politicians stop them from doing good job.
Ravindra, Technical Head, Cosmos Group
Public is also equily responsible for not complaining at the proper Authorities and the concern department ( Law Enforcing Dept ) is also responsible . Media and Prees is also responsible for not going in Details.
B. Rajendran, Sr. Manager, Costing Inl
- ROADS MAINTANANCE IS POOR AS IN RAINY SEASONS THERE IS NO WAY TO WATER ACCUMULATED ON ROADS. ROADS ARE SPOILED. NEW ROADS ALSO APPEAR WITH PATCH UP WORKS.
- THERE SHOULD BE BARRIERS TO ROAD TO PROPER MAINTANACE AND AVOID PEOPL CROSSING AT ALL PLACES.
- IN MAINTANACE WORKS CONTRACT PARTIES ARE NOT SELECTED ON PERFORMANCE BASIS AND WE NOTICE CORRUPTION IN THE SELECTION OF PARTIES.
Uday Kulkarni, Sr Managr-Hr/Admin, Spartan
ALL THE PARTIES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR BAD ROAD CONDITIONS. PUBLIC HAVE NO CONTROL OVER ALL THE PARTIES.PUBLIC SHOULD COME ON ROAD TO DEMONSTRATE AGAINST CONCERNED PARTIES WITH SRICT ACTION. ULTIMATELY WE ARE RESPONSIBLE WE ALLOW THEM TO RULE OVER US.
Shirish Daudkhane, Consultant, Proprietor Shimita Systems
" In Mumbai , pl implement following especially in suburbs. if done every person will reach home/office minimum 15 minits earlier.
- all junctions shall be levelled and no uneven surface
- no parking within 75 m of junction, toll naka , octroi naka , fine Rs 1000
- Free left turn of one lane atleast at all junctions.
- no bust stop within 75 m of junction , toll / octroi naka ,
- No hawkers within 75 m. To identify threshold of 75 m , provide pink coloured visible stone on either side of road at 75 m distance from junction.
- work allowed only during night with full machinery and technology. The junction to be normal by morning 7 am.(contact me if you do not know how to do this)
- no dropping of passenger , no picking of auto . Fine Rs 500.
- No police when signals are in operation.
- Police will collect fines for offence and he will receive 10% of the fine , which is substantial to keep corruption away. For few busy junctions , keep camera watchdog on traffic and police.
- implement at eastern / western highway junctions , LBS roads and SV road in suburb to start with.
- Advertise above in news paper , TV and hang big banners al over the city . Make it effective from a date and notify all concerned.
After this , i will let you know my thoughts on technology and how to improve road condition for forever.
If India has to improve , we have to listen to developed world. developed world says we have out dated law and implementation methods. Let us pu up the law and implement it and see results.
Mohammed Tahir G S, Business Development Manager, Dudhwala Real Estate
- Main reason – the cost analysis and tender allocation is based on the lowest offered bid given by the tenderer’s/ contractor and DSR rate which is almost 100 % less than the market price , Think in such highly inflated market and scarcity of labor how can you execute the work at the desired quality at such below rates.
- Technology and the desired quality is based on BIS which is ages old which need to be updated and hardly the contractor used it as the rates itself prevent him to follow BIS code works standards.
- The undercut from all the bills and cut for the engineer and financial department for clearing bill , the system is corrupt which make contractor confident to used the sub standard work.
- Revised the DSR rates and prequalify the contractor based on the technology, methods , and financial muscles for the projects .
- Short list the contractor on the price justification for the works and
- Finally all the tender should be called with transparency in each stage of it.
J. Cherian, V P, Astrocorp Intl
- The slope on the road is not proper for water to drain off. This leads to water accumulating and potholes forming.
- Also High axle weight vehhicles should not be allowed as they break the road surface.
- In foreign countries like Uk and Singapore it rains everyday yet there are no potholes there as the material and technology used is good.
- eevrybody knows te reaons for potholes but the government finds it advantageous not to take action but to continue spending money on potholes.
- the money spent on potholes in 3 years is enough to get new conrete roads
Ganesh Kamat, Technical Adviser, Ganaka Engineers Architect
- Contract must be given with 10 years repair & Maintenance Guarantee,
- Contractors payment must be paid on site.
- Testing of the work must be carried out on site.
- Contractor must not see any officer/politician be on site all the time.
Sudhir, Sr. Executive Project, DB Power Limited
90% activities of politician's corruptions are affected to this.
Farooque Admin, Assistant, AMAK
90% of the funds passed for the Public Project being divided between our politicians, public servants from Engineer to peons and the contractors and being used substandard materials and old technology.
Syed, Architect, Pragrur Amoortsiti
according to me eventually v public are the real responsible for all above.... nowadays most of us being highly educated, intellectuals, broad minded and also open support from media n so on... but still we r not bothered about the bad construction materials and methods used by the government..... its high time that all of us realize that what all services v see around us provided by the govt. is all from our money......so let our investments r used in a worthy manner....
Pawan Singh Jamwal, Dy. General Manager (Business Operations), Louis Berger Consulting Pvt. Ltd. Actually All the mentioned above are related directly or indirectly with the same as Corruption is prevelant in the entire community dur to which substandard material is being used for construction, and as everone right from the top politicians to the road contractor is involved in corruption and as a major portion of the funds alloted for a construction work is utilized in corrupt practices, sus-standard material is being used for construction and even after that there are approvals from the local Municiapal Corporations and process is a never ending one because it is like a chain as everyone is linked with other and as if one side of the chain is pulled, automatically you can feel that pull on the other side of the chain
Subhashish, Commertial Manager, Monomer Chemical Actually as per your option all are responsible for that but principal is the mail culprit That is the reason LOK PAL bil is must.
Anil Chandak, Regional Sales Head, Intensiv Filter India Pvt Ltd adaptation of updated technology by genuinely interested road contractors and monitored by honest municpal corporation by their performance will reduce the chances of using substandard material and leave no chance for misusing funds by by corrupt politicians .
Hamdan, Manager, SC TBSL All are equally responsible and therefore we all should stood up to resolve the issue in best possible manner.
Aniket Engineer Shapoorji Pallonji & Co. Ltd. All are equally responsible.
Lokesh Chandra, GM, Universal All are hand in gloves and can't survive without each other . Problems starts with Municipal Corporation having incompetent staff ,poor rules, old bidding process and well orcestrated corruption by contractors and staff. Cost to contractor thus is high and he makes up by sub standard material and cheap technology.
Satish, Bussiness, Rock And Stones all are part of it 1st municipal officer give road work to his person who gives officers share then its the road contractor what to make more profit so he uses old technology and poor material then comes our politicians who closes their eyes seeing this all as the or part of it or their known once or their got their share and last our self dont give same time to see the work going on near house
Neeraj Kumar, Asst. Manager, Holtec Consulting Pvt Ltd All Corrupted politicians are responsible for this situation.
Manav Dhawan, Accountant, Master controls All Department & all politicians fully corrupted
*Respondents comments are made in personal capacity and should not be taken as the view of the company they represent.
More Focus :
| Communication Feature
| Roads & Highways
| Equipment Rental |
Automobile Industry |
Glass Sector |
Road Sector |
Power Equipment |
| Health Sector | HVAC Sector | Tourism & Hospitality | Project Consultancy | Cement Sector | Transport Sector | Renewable Energy |
| Safety Equipment/Gears |