The government needs to open up support to the SSI units and also allow to compete in global arena by providing financial support and assistance like soft loans and rebates in taxation, project purchase and Implementation. Tax sops for trade shows in new areas, purchase high qualty state of the art equipments and manufacturing setup.
Manish Sanghvi, Director, Delite Systems Engineering (India) Pvt Ltd
shares his views with Sandeep Sharma
about his company, core competencies, product and solutions, USP, customisation offered, industry segments and what needs to be done to boost economic growth. Edited Excerpts...
Could you tell us about your company and core competencies?
Delite is an engineering firm based at Mumbai in the State of Maharashtra. Delite is a registered company under National Small Scale Industry (NSIC). We are Government approved licensed electrical contractor and are also registered with various organisations like Airport Authority of India as Mechanical and Electrical contractors, Indian Railways, Air India Ltd, etc. The firm was started in the early 70’s and undertook manufacturing and works of various Industries and Airports all over India.The firm has a strong base in engineering, design and field support activities. We have supplied and installed various equipments such as conveyors, baggage handling systems, material handling systems, aerobridges, runway lighting, etc. We are recognized for variety of products and services offered. We focus on quality and maintain high work standards.
The firm has state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in order to cater to the fabrication and manufacturing of components, machinery and complete system solutions. The firm has a strong workforce of dedicated and skilled staff to handle any kind of tough assignments and challenges. Its projects and operation and maintenance team are available at all major cities such as Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkatta, etc on round the clock basis for service to important installations of its own and other companies as per requirement.
What kind of product/solutions do you offer in the material handling segment?
We offer various types of conveyors for the packaging / pharma industry, food industry, post and telgragh, logistics companies and airports. Delite supplies various types of conveyors such as belt, roller, pallet, slat, etc. It supports the systems by having complete PLC control and automation integrated with the systems which not only make the systems more functional but also help in reducing running cost and maintenance.
What is the USP of your offerings and installations?
By following the general specifications provided for the project and to have a trouble free project implementation by preplanning, modular designs using ready to use standard off the shelf products this translating to lower project cost and timely completion and project commissioning.
Which industry segments do you cater to? How is the response so far from these segments?
We are mainly catering to airport, cargo and logistics Industry. We have now shifted focus to include Pharma and FMCG companies for theier needs in automation and packing lines too.
Do you offer customization to your clients in terms of design and features?
Yes we offer a complete solution to the requirements of the client. We have a design team ready to understand the requirements and to provide solutions and alternatives as per the requirements. Also we can support in the automation too.
What kind of projects have you undertaken so far?
A list of some of the projects undertaken by Delite are:
• Departure and Arrival Conveyor Systems at Mumbai Airport.
• Departure Conveyor Systems at KDT and AIT, Chennai Airport consisting Scale- Inject Systems, Transport Conveyors Systems, etc.
• Operation and Maintenance of Complete Conveyor Systems at IGI Airport T-2, Delhi, AIT at Chennai, NDTC at Kolkatta Airports, Etc.
• Arrival and Departure Conveyor Systems for Bhuj Airport, Hubli Airport
• Departure Systems consisting of Scale and Inject Conveyors at Goa, Bangalore Airport.
• Conveyor Systems for the PCB Assembly line, Television Assembly and Soaking Line at Onida at various locations.
• Conveyor Systems at Postal Departments
• Conveyor Spares for various Industries i/c Airports, Cement Plants and Electronic Industry, Fast Moving Consumer goods Company, etc.
• Complete maintenance of the State of the Art Perishable Cargo Centre, the First and Biggest in India (Cold Storage, ETV, X-ray Systems, etc.) at IGI Airport, New Delhi.
• Glass Furnace Installation at Philips India Factory
• Installation, Commissioning of Aerobridges of various makes at Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai and Kolkatta including Operation and Maintenance of the same at various Airports
• Installation of Special Sign Boards for Taxway and Runway (Fluoroscent type)
• Installation of Cat-I, Cat-II and Cat-III Runway Lighting Systems and Inset Fittings for the above systems
• Ground Support Equipment Supplies and Maintenance for Indian Airlines and Air India.
• For United Airlines complete Servicing and Maintenance of all their Ground Support Equipments at New Delhi.
• Supply and Installation of Signages for Building at Ter 1B, CSI Airport Mumbai
Do you participate in international competitive bidding for conveyor systems in other countries?
We are unable to participate in the international competitive bidding due to financial strength; though we have bagged and implemented projects in the Middle East, Sri Lanka and supplied equipments to Australia too directly to vendors in those countries.
What needs to be done by the Government of India to boost economic growth?
The government needs to open up support to the SSI units and also allow to compete in global arena by providing financial support and assistance like soft loans and rebates in taxation, project purchase and Implementation. Tax sops for trade shows in new areas, purchase high quality state of the art equipments and manufacturing setup.