Nirmala Sitharaman, Minister of State (Independent Charge) in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry has recently informed the upper house about the progress made in various industrial / economic corridor projects conceptualised by the Government of India.
- Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) DMIC covers the States of Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat and Maharashtra.
- Bengaluru- Mumbai Economic Corridor (BMEC) BMEC covers the States of Karnataka and Maharashtra.
- Chennai-Bengaluru Industrial Corridor (CBIC) CBIC covers the States of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh.
- Visakhapatnam-Chennai Industrial Corridor (VCIC) VCIC covers the States of Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu.
- Amritsar-Kolkata Industrial Corridor (AKIC) AKIC covers the seven States namely Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal.
BMEC, VCIC and AKIC are in the initial stages of implementation. Master planning for all the three nodes in CBIC is completed.
Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC)
Master planning for all the nodes except for Dadri Noida Ghaziabad Investment region under DMIC has been completed. Seven industrial cities have been taken up for development in the first phase of the DMIC project as listed below:
1.Ahmedabad-Dholera Investment Region in Gujarat
2.Manesar-Bawal Investment region in Haryana
3.Dadri-Noida-Ghaziabad Investment region in Uttar Pradesh
4.Khushkhera-Bhiwadi-Neemrana Investment region in Rajasthan
5.Shendra Bidkin Investment region in Maharashtra
6.Dighi Port Industrial area in Maharashtra
7.Pithampur-Dhar-Mhow Investment region in Madhya Pradesh.
Various trunk infrastructure projects like development of roads and utilities, drainage, sewage, potable water, industrial water, water treatment and recycling, Sewage Treatment Plant, Common Effluent Treatment Plant, ICT etc. are being developed under DMIC,. The tender documents for the construction of trunk infrastructure of Integrated Industrial Township Vikram Udyogpuri near Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh have already been issued.
The tender documents for trunk infrastructure in Dholera, Shendra-Bidkin Industrial area and Integrated Industrial Township have also been proposed after detailed master planning and preliminary engineering. The infrastructure for setting up of industries in other designated nodes in the region has been identified and is at different stages of implementation.