The Minister of State for Road Transport & Highways, Pon. Radhakrishnan has informed the upper house recently about the latest update about the Gurgaon-Jaipur National Highway project. The six laning of the project started way back in 2009. The construction was supposed to be completed by 2011. The project is in delay mode. As of now the work is going on and the physical progress achieved is 90%. The various reasons attributed for the delay include the following:
- Delay in land Acquisition due to delay in disbursement of compensation by competent authority of land acquisition
- Delay in removal/relocation of government structures and religious structures
- Delay in shifting of High Tension lines, Electrical utilities and water supply utilities
- Delay in handing over of forest & irrigation land by Haryana Government
- Slow progress of work by the Concessionaire due to financial crunch
The project is likely to complete by June 2016.