“Setting manufacturing hubs is one of the good decisions taken by the government. Manufacturing is the backbone to the GDP and most crucial sector for employment generation and support s Indian infrastructure growth enormously. Undoubtedly the opportunities going to be abundant, with latest drive of government “MAKE IN INDIA”
it makes sense to develop manufacturing hubs which in turn enhances internal competency’s and capabilities… results will lead to self-reliance.
Y Srinivas Reddy, Managing Director, Bevcon Wayors Pvt Ltd
shares views with Sandeep Sharma
about his company, core competencies, products/solutions offered for the cement industry, manufacturing base, production capacity, expansion plans, contract awarded, energy efficiency initiatives and about Government plans to set up manufacturing hubs across the country. Edited Excerpts…
Could you tell us in brief about your company and core competencies?
Bevcon Wayors is a two-decade old organization and one of the leading Material Handling Systems / Equipment’s engineering and manufacturing firm based in Hyderabad with pan India presence. We have two clear business verticals in the organization they are EPC Projects & Material Handling Products with exclusive teams from engineering to execution for each vertical.
Bevcon specialized in execution of projects from concept to commissioning in the segments of Power, Steel, Cement, Sugar, Paper, Pharma, Process, Aggregate, Ports, Fertilizer, Mining of Coal, Iron Ore, and various other ore extraction and handling, also experienced in executing projects around the world (exports). Bevcon is also experienced in providing solutions to pneumatic handling system and dust collection / bag filters for various applications. Bevcon executes project with blend of latest technology with conventional systems in most optimized manner which will enhance the operations reliability. Bevcon core strength lies in use of New Generation / Innovative Conveying systems and equipment like…
Material Handling Products include:
- Steep Angle 90O Sidewall Cleated Belt Conveyor
- Sandwich Belt High Angle Conveyors
- Sugar Sizer / Graders
- Overland Pipe & Troughed Conveyor.
- Stockyard Systems like Linear and Circular Stackers - Reclaimers.
- Screens: Circular Motion, Linear Motion, Flip Flow, Sizer, Banana, De-watering, Trommel, etc
- Crushers: Impactor, Hammer Mill, Single & Double Roll Crusher, Lime crusher, Ring Granulator, Twin shaft Hammer Mill, Lump Breaker, Feeder Breaker etc.
- Feeders: Mechanical Feeder, Grizzly Feeder, Bulk Feeder, Reciprocating Feeder, Vibrating Conveyor, Apron feeder, Belt feeder and Paddle Feeder
- Conventional Material Handling Equipment: Belt Conveyor, Bucket Elevators, Screw Conveyor, Drag Chain Conveyor, Sub-merged chain / Belt Conveyor. Roller Conveyor, Ash conditioner, Tripper Conveyor, RAV, Telescopic chute etc.
- Dust Extraction System
- Idlers & Pulleys
- Spares parts for Material Handling equipment
We are not just a manufacturing company; we create path breaking solutions to tackle different problems. Compared to others, ours is perhaps the most employee-friendly company having the best HR practices in place and have employee strength of over 300+ employees (76% engineers), our average age group of employees is 34 years making it most dynamic and vibrant by creating value addition to Indian material handling industry and we have executed around 2900 projects with repeat customer base of 62% by way of providing innovative and cost effective processes solutions through in-house research development and as well as external collaborations and today Bevcon is fiercely committed to offer the best engineering services to its clients.
Besides its strong In-house technical engineering strengths, Bevcon has technology partnership with many reputed companies located in USA, Europe and Asia.
Could you provide us insight about your products/solutions offered for the cement industry?
- Fleximat, Austria for critical screening applications.
- Friedrich, Germany for unbalanced motors and exciters for Sizers and Feeders.
- FMK, Poland for Stockyard systems
- Dos Santos Intl., USA for Sandwich Belt High Angle Conveyor.
- Overland Conveyor Co., USA for Overland / long distance troughed & Pipe conveyor.
- Nanjing Air Conveying System, china for high temperature, high capacity & long distance pneumatic conveying system.
Bevcon Wayors is competent in meeting almost all critical raw material handling demands of cement industry apart from providing solutions for conventional material handling systems / equipment. Bevcon always strives to provide Innovative, cost effective reliable, efficient and robust solutions to the cement industry. We have engineered new generation material handling equipment like Steep Angle Conveyors, Air-supported-conveyors, Sandwich Belt High Angle Conveyors, Pneumatic Conveying systems and overland pipe conveyor to feed alternate fuels to reduce fuel consumption to kilns etc.
You are one of the lead players in the material handling equipment space and serving the Cement Industry for quite some time. What's the latest and unique installation you have done for any of the cement player in India?
Yes, we are well known in the cement industry since two decades for providing innovative and first-of-its-kind raw material handling systems. List of few recent breakthroughs:
Could you share with us details about your manufacturing base, capacity and production process?
- Executed in record time 1.5 km pipe conveyor for handling 3000TPH limestone. This installation will show case Bevcon competency in the bulk material handling applications and as well as project management abilities.
- We have successfully commissioned steep angle sidewall conveyor in one of the cement plant in India for conveying clinker from wagon unloading area to silo storage, which is first-of its-kind installation in Indian cement industry this revolutionary concept is going to change the current practices adopted in Indian Cement Industry.
- Successfully commissioned high capacity& long distance Fly Ash handling system from power plant to cement plant – this will enable cost effective conveying of fly ash fulfilling 100% environmental needs.
- Pneumatic handling systems for waste rubber powder feeding to kiln to bring down the coal consumption at cement plant.
- Bio-mass and solid waste feeding to kilns / furnaces are major breakthroughs apart other achievements.
We are the only company in India to have all kinds of Crushers, Screens, Feeders & Sizers with in-house manufacturing facility. While we have a range of Bulk Material Handling equipment that are standardized, we also manufacture equipment for specific application needs with an In-house R&D and Manufacturing facilities.
“Our combine manufacturing capacities of all our Units is 2500 tons per month.”
- Bevcon’s Corporate Office is located at IDA, Uppal, Hyderabad with state-of-the-art facilities and nature friendly atmosphere spread over 5000 square feet.
- Our 2nd manufacturing unit located in IDA, Cherlapally, Hyderabad are spread over about 25000 square feet with state-of-the-art machineries and aided by CAD / CAM software’s and an ISO 9001: 2008 certified unit. It’s essentially used to manufacture Crushers, Screens, Feeders and all other material handling equipment catering to the product division.
- Our 3rd manufacturing Unit is strategically located at Raipur to cater to the needs of Heavy structural fabrication.
- Our 4th manufacturing Unit is located at Jadcherla to cater to the needs of Heavy structural fabrication.
- Our 5th Subsidiary Unit (Be’RolleX) at Nellore, is a fully automated manufacturing plant spread over 1,00,000 square feet to manufacture Idlers & Pulleys, meeting international quality standards.
Bevcon’s turnkey solutions include custom design, manufacturing, installation and servicing of bulk material handling equipment. A majority of these equipments are manufactured at Bevcon’s facilities itself which provide customers greater flexibility for custom designs suitable as per their requirements. Bevcon Wayors has State-of-the-Art manufacturing set-up in Hyderabad with latest technology where in raw material to finished product takes place in one roof supported by latest added plasma cutting machine which are ISO certified and streamlined back end process through SAP Integration, In-house development of IT Services and Software’s for Project, Planning, Design, Execution and Monitoring. Bevcon Wayors has credit of developing and Innovative material handling equipment through In-house engineering research division and with association of foreign technological collaborators.
Are you planning any capacity expansion or a Greenfield unit in India?
Yes, we are in the process of putting up totally automated Idler and Pulley manufacturing plant to produce low resistance Idlers which will bring down the overall power consumptions of the conveyors and going to be reality in next FY which will strengthen the organization back bone of manufacturing strengths and will create business opportunity for exports and also planning to expand base of current manufacturing facilities in Telangana.
Could you throw some light on why should the cement players choose material handling solutions from Bevcon Wayors?
Five reasons why Bevcon is the best for cement industry:
Who are your top clientele from the cement sector? Also could you enlist your prestigious installations in the last three years for the cement sector?
- Bevcon core competency is complete solutions to the complex layout engineering which is very critical aspect for raw material handling of the cement industry. Bevcon engineering excellence in design engineering of stockyard equipment’s, conveyors, crushers, screens and dust extraction systems etc will bring in best integration of critical equipment’s which most crucial in project engineering.
- Bevcon design and manufacturing abilities of all the critical equipment’s Stock yard equipment’s, conveyors, crushers, screens, pneumatic conveying and dust extraction systems, etc under one common roof will beneficiate end users in timely and cost effective and reliable supplies.
- Bevcon strongly believes in Innovative engineering has brought first-of-its-kind equipment’s installation in Indian cement industry will enable to provide best latest technologies to cement industry.
- World renewed technical tie-up with
- Overland Conveyors Co. for long distance conveyors.
- Dos Santos Intl. for sandwich belt high angle conveyors
- FMK for stackers and reclaimers
- Will enhance the confidence level and will be provided with best technology to the industry.
- We believe that our strong after sales services as organization keeps us an edge-above our competition. For making our services more readily available and geographically close, we have established full-fledged regional sales and service offices in cities like Pune, Chennai, Kolkata, New Delhi, Vadodara and Raipur. All these regional offices across India which caters the services like Sales & Marketing, Project Management and construction teams and some of the regional offices have application and design engineering teams which will facilitate better and faster interactions with regional clients leading timely commitments and all the offices are totally networked with video conferencing facilities and got connected with HO.
Since the two decades, we have been associated and providing robust, reliable & efficient raw material handling systems to almost all reputed cement companies of India.
Currently various Bulk Material & Raw Material handling projects are under execution and below are few Innovative and first-of-its-kind raw material handling systems provided to cement companies in last three years:
How is the FY2015-16 so far in terms of installations completed, business generated, and growth achieved in both domestic and international markets?
- Executed in record time 1.5 km pipe conveyor for handling 3000TPH limestone from Mine to Process unit at Shree Cement.
- Commissioned steep angle sidewall belt conveyor for conveying 1650TPH clinker from wagon unloading area to storage silo at JK Cement
- Commissioned high capacity& long distance Pneumatic Conveying system for 100TPH Fly Ash from power plant to cement mill at Ultratech Cement
- Pneumatic handling systems for waste rubber powder feeding to kiln to bring down the coal consumption in Ultratech Cement.
- Fuel and Raw Material Handling System for Dangote Cement, Zambia
- Fuel and Raw Material Handling System for Wonder, Reliance, Ultratech, Jaypee, KCP, Anjani, Mangalam, Emami etc.
- Bio-mass and solid waste feeding to kilns / furnaces are major breakthroughs apart other achievements.
Bevcon Wayors has improved sales turnover and posted 5% more growth in last FY2014-15 in spite of sluggish market conditions prevailing across.
Current FY2015-16 is very good for Bevcon from the perspective like:
- People and process innovation:
It’s a continues process organization is spending lot of resources in development of people and process across the organization to enhance operational efficiency for example; on people development we carry out leadership training of the senior management team by international agency and ‘self-managing’ concept coaching to junior management team by specialist coaches to empower the team to perform the tasks and improve work life balance to strengthen their hard and soft skills apart from learning and development group in the HR department continuously conducts various knowledge enhancement programs. All the processes are time to time validated to get connect to the current realities taking into consideration of people feed backs and review of its outcomes.
Executed few innovative and first-of-its-kind projects Like:
- Steep Angle sidewall belt conveyor at wagon unloading area in Indian cement industry
- overland pipe conveyor for conveying limestone from mine to process unit at Shree cement
- Pneumatic conveying system for conveying fly ash from power plant to cement mill-orient cement
- Commissioning of Buwaneshwar power 67.5x2 thermal power coal handling plant
On the energy efficiency front, what kinds of initiatives are taken at Bevcon Wayors?
- Recently we have been awarded with 2500TPH coal conveying system for 2 x660MW Super Critical Thermal Power Plant at Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Ltd., Suratgarh from BHEL.
- 1x800 MW Kothagudem TPS, Stage-VII, Unit-12 at Kothagudem, Khammam Dist., Telangana State from BHEL.
Energy efficiency is one of the critical design and performance parameter in the bulk material handling. To achieve energy efficiency focus starts from better lay outing of the project design and selection of equipment with optimum service factors.
- Use of energy efficiency drives and components in equipment engineering.
- Best use of gravitational energy for material flow.
- Use of imported energy efficiency components while engineering stage if need be.
- Adopting proper preventive maintenance practices.
- Effective utilization of machine avoiding idle times and un-even loading and over loading etc.
- Use of right fit electrical connectivity accessories to avoid power loss automation of equipment example: when not in use automatic switch off.
- Best use of green energy concepts.
- Developing friction free component to minimize energy absorption.
- Development of re-generation conveyors for energy generation etc.
As discussed all above solutions are to enhance operational and as well energy efficiency. On average 10-12 % enhanced energy efficiency can be achieved. In specific cases it can be to the extent of 30%.
We are in the process of putting up totally automated Idler and Pulley manufacturing plant to produce low resistance Idlers which will bring down the overall power consumptions of the conveyors.
Government of India plans to set up number of manufacturing hubs across India. What are the challenges and opportunities before industries in India?
Setting manufacturing hubs is one of the good decisions taken by the government. Manufacturing is the backbone to the GDP and most crucial sector for employment generation and supports Indian infrastructure growth enormously.
Undoubtedly the opportunities going to be abundant, with latest drive of government “MAKE IN INDIA”
it makes sense to develop manufacturing hubs which in turn enhances internal competency’s and capabilities… results will lead to self-reliance. Which was the dream of father of the nation?