Bevcon Wayors specialises in new generation material handling equipments like steep angle cleated belt conveyors, air supported belt conveyor, sandwich type high angle conveyors, cost effective pollution free pneumatic conveying systems, special flip flow screens for high moisture material screening applications, high efficient sugar graders, fines screening and rushing equipments, stockyard equipments like radial & liner stackers & reclaimers etc., which will cater the needs across material handling applications like raw material handling systems for cement, steel plants, fuel handling systems for coal and biomass based power plants, in-plant material handling systems, ferro alloy plants, sugar, lime coke handling systems etc.
Y Srinivas Reddy, Managing Director, Bevcon Wayors Pvt Ltd shares his views with Sandeep Sharma about his company, product offerings to the power sector, core competencies, distribution network, energy efficient solutions, power sector challenges and steps needed to meet growing demand for power. Edited excerpts…
Tell us about your company, product offerings for the power sector and your core competencies?
Bevcon Wayors is two decades old and one of the leading Material Handling Equipments manufacturing firm based in Hyderabad with pan India presence. We provides concept to commissioning solutions and execute turnkey projects for all material handling applications. We have come a long way to achieve a turnover of Rs 200 Cr. for the FY 2012-2013 with over 300 employees and establish ourselves as a premium brand in bulk material handling industry in medium enterprise segment. In Bevcon Wayors we strongly believe People and Process are engines for the organization growth we have incorporated best of HR practices in place and our average age group of employees is 34 yrs making it most dynamic and vibrant. We are involved in virtually every facet of the bulk material handling and processing solutions. We have two ISO certified manufacturing units streamlined backend process through SAP Integration, In-house development of IT-services and software for project planning, design, execution and monitoring. Bevcon Wayors is known for developing innovative material handling equipments through in-house engineering research division and with association of foreign technological collaborators. The company offers vibro feeders, crushers, screens, all types of conveyors, dust collectors, pneumatics conveying and apart from standard
conventional material handling equipments. Bevcon Wayors specialises in new generation material handling equipments like steep angle cleated belt conveyors, air supported belt conveyor, sandwich type high angle conveyors, cost effective pollution free pneumatic conveying systems, special flip flow screens for high moisture material screening applications, high efficient sugar graders, fines screening and crushing equipments, stockyard equipments like radial & liner stackers & reclaimers etc., which will cater the needs across material handling applications like raw material handling systems for cement, steel plants, fuel handling systems for coal and biomass based power plants, inplant material handling systems, ferro alloy plants, sugar, lime coke handling systems etc.
Further, Bevcon’s turnkey solutions include custom design, manufacturing, installation and servicing of bulk material handling equipment. A majority of these equipments are manufactured at Bevcon’s facilities itself which provide customers greater flexibility for custom designs suitable as per their requirements
How did your company fare in FY2012-13 in terms of business generated and your expectation from the current financial year?
2012-13 was really good for Bevcon we have not been effected with slow down since we could able to realize few critical projects and sales was reasonably good, in fact we have achieved highest ever turnover in the last year.
How is the power sector response to your products & services? What level of product customization do you undertake for power industry?
Material Handling plays a vital role in process industry mainly Power sector, material handling systems are back bone of the industry performance. We specialize more in layout engineering of the plant and standardization of material handling equipments to client needs and supplying reliable equipments and render services from concept to commissioning. Bevcon proudly can declare that we are the only organization who has total product basket of equipments required for power plant needs like:
• Layout engineering
• In-house manufacturing capabilities of all types of conveyors, feeders, Idlers, Pulleys, Crushers, Screens, Stackers, Reclaimers, Storage Sheds, Dust Extraction and Pneumatic Conveying Systems which are critical equipments needed for Power Plant operations.
Could you share with us your details about your clientele in the power sector as well as the major power projects you are associated with?
We have executed more than 1500 captive / co-gen power projects across India to name a few:
• Solid Fuel Handling System for 3x33 MW Power Plant (Bharath Oman Refinery Ltd) through BHEL.
• Coal Handling System for 4x61.5 MW Power Plant at Abhijeet Infra Ltd.
• Coal Unloading & Handling System for 150 MW Power Plant at FACCOR.
• Coal Handling with Track Hopper System for 120 MW Power Plant at IMFA.
• Coal Stacking & Coal Handling System for 120 MW Power Plant at Jal Siddhi.
• Coal & Pet coke handling system for 3 X63 MW Power Plant at Ind Bharat.
• Coal Handling System at GVK Coal (Tokisud).
• Coal & Lignite handling system for 1 X 37 MW Power Plant at Dalmiya Cement.
• Coal & Limestone handling system for 2 X 35 MW Power Plant at Kamachi Power.
And many more power plants like: Cauvery Power, Shri Girija Alloy & Power, ITC Ltd., Dalmiya OCL, BLA Power, Reliance Power etc….
In case of bulk material handling products and solutions, could you talk about the features of any of your leading product widely accepted by the power industry?
We have number of unique and customized products which are very crucial for Power Plant operations. Few such products and solutions are:
• Flip Flow screens - we manufacture these screens under collaboration with Austrian firm these screens are capable of screening high moisture (30-40%) coal so effectively by which there is no interruption for plant operation when the moisture levels in the raw material goes up.
• Crushers - we have crushers which are highly efficient in operation and less power consumption and fitted with high wear resistant liners and beaters.
• Steep Angle Conveyors - where there is space constraints exist in layout we widely use these conveyors which will lift material vertically (90 degrees) unlike conventional conveyors have limiting angle of conveying 16-18 degree max.
• Vibro feeders - we have In-house developed mechanical Vibro feeders which are fitted with world renewed unbalance motor supplier from Germany which makes the product
is so reliable consumes less power and doesn’t need any lubrication for life time.
• Engineering - we have specialized application engineering teams who provides best possible solutions to the project needs, we strongly believe layout engineering is most crucial aspect of power plant engineering which has impact on cost economics of the total project.
• Pneumatic Conveying - we have exclusive vertical which caters the needs of fly ash handling applications in the power plant by which is environmental friendly, and flexible
in transportation of material within or outside the plant it can carry the material for long distance and more over cost effective.
• Dust Extractions Systems - Our dust extraction systems are most effective and reliable in operation and fulfill the most of the Indian states statutory compliances.
How far your products are energy efficient? In percentage terms, what can be the overall savings in operational cost?
We give lot importance to the energy conservation, most of the equipments what we engineer and manufacture on average consumes approximately 10-12% less power consumption.
What are the core challenges faced by the Indian Power sector as of now?
Indian power sector is really going through turbulent times one side there is wide gap in production Vs consumption leading to short of power for utilization. The reasons for this situation can be many but major are:
• No assured fuel linkages to the power projects leading to uncertainty and cost escalation of the projects leading to delays of project executions.
• Delay in project execution and fuel cost variations are leading enhanced cost of productions are not promptly supported by financial institutions leading to companies are pushed to debt trap.
• Clarity is missing in coal mining and power purchase agreement policies leading to tremendous amount of delays in project clearances.
• Environmental clearances, land acquisitions and scams are big barriers for power sector growth.
• Lack of proper Grid infrastructure and connectivity leading to power losses in transmission
How big and efficient is your distribution network and supply chain management?
As organization we have regional offices across India which caters to the services like Sales & Marketing, Project Management and construction teams and some of the regional offices have application and design engineering teams which will facilitate better and faster interactions with regional clients leading timely commitments.
i need to buy the abortion pill the day after pill buy the abortion pill online
buy cytotec for 24 week abortion where can i get the abortion pill online abortion pill buy online